×

quesTransferring Parental Property

My parents expired in 2006 when I was a Minor. Since then I live with my Grandparents. What is the process of Transferring the parental property in my name?

• ansDid your parents die leaving a WILL? If a WILL is there, and if the property has been left to you, the WILL just has to be probated in court.

If there is no WILL, and you are the only legal heir, you can swear an affidavit to that effect before a Metropolitan Magistrate, and there after, apply to the Municipal Corporation for mutating the property in your name.