Transferring Parental Property
My parents expired in 2006 when I was a Minor. Since then I live with my Grandparents. What is the process of Transferring the parental property in my name?
Did your parents die leaving a WILL? If a WILL is there, and if the property has been left to you, the WILL just has to be probated in court.
If there is no WILL, and you are the only legal heir, you can swear an affidavit to that effect before a Metropolitan Magistrate, and there after, apply to the Municipal Corporation for mutating the property in your name.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Eve teasing and harassment by boys in college
- Is marketing email legal in India
- Can I file complaint in consumer court for non maintenance of quarter
- Procedure to take the death certificate for death prior to year 2000
- Landlord refusing to return the security deposit