questransfer of property after parents death

My parents passed away and i was their only son. There no other relatives. We were just a family of three. my parents did not framed any will as their death was a sudden one . There is a property in my parent's names which i now want to transfer to myself. My parents were Hindus but my Dad had converted to Christianity later. My Mother continued practicing as a Hindu. Please guide me on the steps to be taken.

• ansYou can get the property mutated/transferred in your name if it is a immovable property. You need to approach the tehsil office with your parents' death certificate and to show your relationship with the parents produce your birth certificate or copy of the ration card.

If your paternal or maternal grandmother is still alive they are also entitled to a share in the property along with you. Therefore if that be the case get a no objection from both before you apply for mutation of the property.