transfer of property after parents death
My parents passed away and i was their only son. There no other relatives. We were just a family of three. my parents did not framed any will as their death was a sudden one . There is a property in my parent's names which i now want to transfer to myself. My parents were Hindus but my Dad had converted to Christianity later. My Mother continued practicing as a Hindu. Please guide me on the steps to be taken.
You can get the property mutated/transferred in your name if it is a immovable property. You need to approach the tehsil office with your parents' death certificate and to show your relationship with the parents produce your birth certificate or copy of the ration card.
If your paternal or maternal grandmother is still alive they are also entitled to a share in the property along with you. Therefore if that be the case get a no objection from both before you apply for mutation of the property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Who will be the legal heir for stepmother's property
- Defamation case against neighbor for spreading false news
- Whether not having sex with wife is a crime ?
- Can i buy a property in which owner has his share?
- Case filed for dowry by my wife against me and my parent