transfer of property after parents death

My parents passed away and i was their only son. There no other relatives. We were just a family of three. my parents did not framed any will as their death was a sudden one . There is a property in my parent's names which i now want to transfer to myself. My parents were Hindus but my Dad had converted to Christianity later. My Mother continued practicing as a Hindu. Please guide me on the steps to be taken.

Answers (1)

115 votes
You can get the property mutated/transferred in your name if it is a immovable property. You need to approach the tehsil office with your parents' death certificate and to show your relationship with the parents produce your birth certificate or copy of the ration card.

If your paternal or maternal grandmother is still alive they are also entitled to a share in the property along with you. Therefore if that be the case get a no objection from both before you apply for mutation of the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles