×

quesTransfer of property.

Husband has died. Husband's mother is already died. Widow having minor children had written to the Society (at that Registration of Society was in process) for transferring the flat in her name, Adhoc committee of society had orally assured to transfer after the registration of society. Building is situated in Gram panchayat area/limit. Husband's brother and father have also approached some residents/committee members to transfer the flat in name of father or brother. At present society got registration. Now committee members are lingering the transfer of flat in name of widow. Widow is having marriage certificate, service document of husband showing her name/photo as spouse. What to do?

• ansThe wife should obtain a succession certificate from a competent court, and thereafter serve a certified copy of the succession certificate upon the society asking them to transfer the flat in her name.