Transfer of property.
Husband has died. Husband's mother is already died. Widow having minor children had written to the Society (at that Registration of Society was in process) for transferring the flat in her name, Adhoc committee of society had orally assured to transfer after the registration of society. Building is situated in Gram panchayat area/limit. Husband's brother and father have also approached some residents/committee members to transfer the flat in name of father or brother. At present society got registration. Now committee members are lingering the transfer of flat in name of widow. Widow is having marriage certificate, service document of husband showing her name/photo as spouse. What to do?
The wife should obtain a succession certificate from a competent court, and thereafter serve a certified copy of the succession certificate upon the society asking them to transfer the flat in her name.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can other legal heirs claim property if gifted only to one son
- Can I take action based on the new Disabilities Bill 2016
- Change in birthday certificate how to correct it
- Uncle took grandfather's how can we recover it back
- How can I verify property before buying