Transfer of property.
I need to transfer a property based in Delhi and registered in the name of one deceased Mr SK to my father's name who is the sole legal heir. Mr SK did not have any issues and his widow is willing to provide her consent for the said transfer. My father is the legal heir by virtue of being the only son of Mr SK's sister.
What would be the appropriate process to follow to get the transfer done (gift/release) in case of no will being present? (For additional information, said property has a G+2 structure built on the landlord/pagdi system. We follow islam, if the religion code will come into play). Awaiting your response, Regards.
Your father is not the legal heir of SK as long as his class-I heir i.e.his widow is living. In presence of widow of SK, your father inherit no share from his maternal uncle.
However widow of SK if she is willing, can transfer her share in the property in favor of your father by way of deed of gift.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Did mutual settlement for ancestral property. Not received it yet.
- Biwi job karti hai aur mai berozgar hoon kya wo kharcha maang skti
- Any legal formalities in hiring a foreigner
- False report by doctor in case of motor accident how can I file case
- A poor person is blackmailed. How to protect him from a false case?