quesTransfer of property.

I need to transfer a property based in Delhi and registered in the name of one deceased Mr SK to my father's name who is the sole legal heir. Mr SK did not have any issues and his widow is willing to provide her consent for the said transfer. My father is the legal heir by virtue of being the only son of Mr SK's sister.

What would be the appropriate process to follow to get the transfer done (gift/release) in case of no will being present? (For additional information, said property has a G+2 structure built on the landlord/pagdi system. We follow islam, if the religion code will come into play). Awaiting your response, Regards.

  • ansYour father is not the legal heir of SK as long as his class-I heir i.e.his widow is living. In presence of widow of SK, your father inherit no share from his maternal uncle.

    However widow of SK if she is willing, can transfer her share in the property in favor of your father by way of deed of gift.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear sir, I have purchased a property and my house is a corner plot and…

I am buying a plot from the local builder wanted to know what are the…

I am taking a residential property on lease in Varanasi for opening a travellers guesthouse…

Hi sir, Me sai kiran. We are constructing a ancestors house without permission of GHMC.…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly