×

quesTransfer of property.

I need to transfer a property based in Delhi and registered in the name of one deceased Mr SK to my father's name who is the sole legal heir. Mr SK did not have any issues and his widow is willing to provide her consent for the said transfer. My father is the legal heir by virtue of being the only son of Mr SK's sister.

What would be the appropriate process to follow to get the transfer done (gift/release) in case of no will being present? (For additional information, said property has a G+2 structure built on the landlord/pagdi system. We follow islam, if the religion code will come into play). Awaiting your response, Regards.

• ansYour father is not the legal heir of SK as long as his class-I heir i.e.his widow is living. In presence of widow of SK, your father inherit no share from his maternal uncle.

However widow of SK if she is willing, can transfer her share in the property in favor of your father by way of deed of gift.