Transfer of immovable property excluding the brother
My father has expired. He has not made any will.The legal heirs of my father is my mother, we two brother and one sister. My father had one land with an in-build house.
We do not have any contact with my brother since last 12 years. We don't know his where about. Now with out my brother how could we transfer the property in our name i.e my mother, myself and my sister?
The property can be divided between you, your brother and sister, and your mother by a consensus. As and when your brother contacts you it will be prudent for you to give him his share.
If you have not heard from your brother for last 12 years, there is presumption in law that in such a situation a person has died. You can seek a declaration from the court in this regard and proceed further to transfer the property as per desire of the remaining legal representatives.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company asked to resign can I recover pending dues
- While purchasing a flat do I need to pay separately for parking space
- Lawyer took decision in without informing me can he do that
- Arbitrary cancel of admission from college. What options do i have?
- Charged tenant for damages tenant threatening to take legal action