Took property through GPA.How to get my name in docs?
I bought a property through GPA. Currently i am the 4th owner of the property. I have no idea about the whereabouts of the 1st owner and i am only in contact with the previous owner. The property was transferred to me through power of attorney. But the issue is that the name of the 1st owner is still there in the municipality records and other documents and by name is only there in the water and electricity bills. I have been staying here for past around 25 years. Should i execute a sale deed? What should i do?
You have to find out original owner then execute the sale deed.
Property sales through the common practice of general power of attorney (GPA) will not give ownership title to the buyer. A power of attorney is not an instrument of transfer in regard to any right, title or interest in an immovable property
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Tenant without agreement.
- Assault by beating by a colleague what action can I take
- WS can be taken up on record even after 90 days is it legal
- How to claim a property under a registered will
- is my lawyer true and what if i confess in front of judge about truth