Title Status for CHS flat under my mother's name
Our flat is a 2BHK. My father was a member of the CHS, and my mom an associate member. Unfortunately, they had to separate from each other. As a form of alimony, my father agreed to resign from the society, thereby making my mom the primary member. We were advised to do so by our lawyer, in order for my mom to own the entire flat outright. So my father wrote a letter of resignation (on plain paper) to our society secretary. He accepted it and gave us a new set of share certificates, in my mom's name. However, we didn't do any transfer of ownership at the Municipal registrar. And we now came to know, that the secretary neglected to keep any official record of his resignation letter. All this happened over 10 years ago.
Can we rightfully say that our titles are clear and ready for a smooth sale? We have been paying all the property tax ever since with no dues.
Your mother's title is not clear. Your father should have executed a gift deed in favor of your mother. The resignation letter on a plain paper is not sufficient to transfer the title of the above mentioned property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Handing over of the properties based partition case judgement
- How to claim as brothers not wiling to give share in parents property
- Will insurance company compensate 3rd party for an accident by my car?
- If I take divorce will my children have right on husbands property
- How can i get my Company Registered?