quesTitle Status for CHS flat under my mother's name

Our flat is a 2BHK. My father was a member of the CHS, and my mom an associate member. Unfortunately, they had to separate from each other. As a form of alimony, my father agreed to resign from the society, thereby making my mom the primary member. We were advised to do so by our lawyer, in order for my mom to own the entire flat outright. So my father wrote a letter of resignation (on plain paper) to our society secretary. He accepted it and gave us a new set of share certificates, in my mom's name. However, we didn't do any transfer of ownership at the Municipal registrar. And we now came to know, that the secretary neglected to keep any official record of his resignation letter. All this happened over 10 years ago.

Can we rightfully say that our titles are clear and ready for a smooth sale? We have been paying all the property tax ever since with no dues.

  • ansYour mother's title is not clear. Your father should have executed a gift deed in favor of your mother. The resignation letter on a plain paper is not sufficient to transfer the title of the above mentioned property.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Mr.X gave bank gurantee and mortgage his immovable property. X also sold this mortgage property…
If i am buying a house in my wifes name for thirty lacs is there…
Namaste Sir I have a property in wazirabad, gurgaon. My problem is that “I want…

My father lives with myyounger bro. last 10yr bro forcing sell house. house got sold…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly