questenant not giving rent and not vacating flat

I let out my flat in December 2011 for a 11 month lease which was extended for another 11 months on request from the tenant. Before expiry of the tenure I gave a month notice to vacate but on request i gave him a grace period to stay till Feb 2014. For the past few months he has not been paying the rentals, moreover his record is always to pay rent late. As i want to shift to my house i need to get the property vacated. Please suggest the steps i should take so as to get the flat vacated at the earliest.

• ansYou have to give 15 days notice for evicting the property. If the tenant fails to evict the property, then a suit for eviction, with arrears of rent, damages for illegal occupation and the means profits needs to be filed against the tenant.