questenant not giving rent and not vacating flat

I let out my flat in December 2011 for a 11 month lease which was extended for another 11 months on request from the tenant. Before expiry of the tenure I gave a month notice to vacate but on request i gave him a grace period to stay till Feb 2014. For the past few months he has not been paying the rentals, moreover his record is always to pay rent late. As i want to shift to my house i need to get the property vacated. Please suggest the steps i should take so as to get the flat vacated at the earliest.

  • ansYou have to give 15 days notice for evicting the property. If the tenant fails to evict the property, then a suit for eviction, with arrears of rent, damages for illegal occupation and the means profits needs to be filed against the tenant.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

i would like to know the buffer zone restrictions around lakes in bangalore , whether…
I am staying with my mother from 16 to 17 yrs and take care of…
My father passed away.he is survived by myself,my mother and his mother, my paternal grandmother.he…
My father's brother had a surplus case pending against him (Punjab Land Tenures Act 1953…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>