tenant not giving rent and not vacating flat

I let out my flat in December 2011 for a 11 month lease which was extended for another 11 months on request from the tenant. Before expiry of the tenure I gave a month notice to vacate but on request i gave him a grace period to stay till Feb 2014. For the past few months he has not been paying the rentals, moreover his record is always to pay rent late. As i want to shift to my house i need to get the property vacated. Please suggest the steps i should take so as to get the flat vacated at the earliest.

You have to give 15 days notice for evicting the property. If the tenant fails to evict the property, then a suit for eviction, with arrears of rent, damages for illegal occupation and the means profits needs to be filed against the tenant.