quesSon and his wife ill treat us. What actions can i take against them?

My son and his wife harass us and don’t treat us well. We asked them to vacate the house but he is not doing the same.

We are retired employees.

How can I ask him to vacate the premises? Am I entitled to get maintenance from him? We will he get any share in my property?

  • ans

    Regarding the share in the property, 

    To guide you in a better way we would like to know if the property is ancestral or self acquired.

    If the property is self acquired then, you can dispose the property as per your wish and he cannot claim any share in it.

    But if the property is ancestral then,

    He has share in the same property.


    Regarding your maintenance claim,

    You can file a case under section 125 of Cr.P.C under which you are entitled to get maintenance from your son.

    Now regarding the harassment from your son and his wife,

    If the property is self acquired, you can file a case for eviction in the concerned civil court.

    Alongside this you can also move the senior citizens tribunal about the cruelty from your son and his wife.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

We have a property in my mother's name we have the papers and all the…

In the map we are provided by DDA where South of our house is mentioned,…

I am Hindhu and 39 years old.I have 3 elder sisters and one elder brother.All…

This is with regards to my sisters husbands property. As her husband has expired 2yrs…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly