Property bought in joint name. Is my husband co-owner?
I owned a 3BHK house and have taken a bank loan for the same in the joint name with my husband. Its a joint property. All the property payment has been done by me including monthly EMIs, maintenance, electricity etc. I would like to know in case of any dispute with my husband, is he legally a co-owner of my flat?
Yes, your husband is co owner of the said flat .
The agreement for purchase of flat was entered into in joint names. and the share certificate reflects name of both co owners of the flat.
In the vent of any disputes your husband will claim his 50% share in said flat.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I get my property back from illegal possession
- What is the procedure for mutual divorce?
- Refused job on the grounds that certificate is fake what to do
- how to stop harassment for money recovery
- FIR is not registered even after 5 months lodging a complaint