private complaint for the bailiff property trespass.
My cousin got a bailiff order, and for the fear of their cousins, she did not enter the property for the last 10 years, now their cousin broke open the bailiff sealed property and trying to destroy the property and illegally trying to sell the property when we gone and told to police station, they say get a private complaint filed in criminal court and get order , since this is a civil matter, kindly advise.
Police is legally right in advising her to go to court. She should have obtained the possession of the property if the court had ruled in her favor. Why did she not act for 10 years? If she feared that her cousins will cause her any harm then she should have pointed this out to the court when the bailiff's assistance was provided by the court. Now let your cousin initiate contempt proceedings against her cousins for violating the judicial order. They can be imprisoned. She should also immediately file a case for seeking a stay on the sale of the property by them.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Motor car accident.
- Cheating by wife how can I take divorce and claim custody of my child
- boy not agreeing to give Divorce after filing Mutual Divorce
- Step mom selling late father's land w/o giving us share. What to do?
- Are married daughters also entitled for father'job