×

quesLand taken by government. No compensation received.

Land Property belonging to my late grandfather, for which I have the probate in my name, was acquired by state government and order passed regarding the same in 1998. I haven't received any compensation till date i.e 2015. How can i claim compensation. Can I sell the land, as i have all the documents pertaining to it?

• ansIf the award was passed by the state government and you did not challenge the same within the limitation period laid down under the law then it amounts to an acceptance of the award.

Once you have accepted the award then you have lost the legal right to sell this land. Now to recover the compensation, it should be done in accordance with the law under which the award was so passed.