Land taken by government. No compensation received.
Land Property belonging to my late grandfather, for which I have the probate in my name, was acquired by state government and order passed regarding the same in 1998. I haven't received any compensation till date i.e 2015. How can i claim compensation. Can I sell the land, as i have all the documents pertaining to it?
If the award was passed by the state government and you did not challenge the same within the limitation period laid down under the law then it amounts to an acceptance of the award.
Once you have accepted the award then you have lost the legal right to sell this land. Now to recover the compensation, it should be done in accordance with the law under which the award was so passed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Judgement from lower court judge w.r.t the eviction of our tenants.
- Daughter in law trochering in laws for separation
- Flat is not yet registered should I prepare MOU with the owner
- Different names in school marksheet and college marksheet
- Property right and share