Land taken by government. No compensation received.

Land Property belonging to my late grandfather, for which I have the probate in my name, was acquired by state government and order passed regarding the same in 1998. I haven't received any compensation till date i.e 2015. How can i claim compensation. Can I sell the land, as i have all the documents pertaining to it?

Answers (1)

236 votes
If the award was passed by the state government and you did not challenge the same within the limitation period laid down under the law then it amounts to an acceptance of the award.

Once you have accepted the award then you have lost the legal right to sell this land. Now to recover the compensation, it should be done in accordance with the law under which the award was so passed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles