quesLand sold without legal heirs knowledge. How can we claim it?

My Great grandfather had purchased 10 Acres of land in 1955 and has partitioned it between his 2 sons in 1965. My Grandfather has received 5.2 acres in that partition. He passed away in 1986. The properties which were partitioned to him have been sold without his heirs(My father) consent in 1990. Now in 2015 we came to know about this property sale. Please advice on what can be done now to reclaim the property.... Looking forward for your expert opinions..

  • ans

    In case of property matter , the limitation is for 12 years, so it almost 15 years back  the land was sold. Hence you will have to explain the reason of delay, which we can suggest only after examining the documents.

    If delay is allowed then we will have to file suit for declaration thereby seeking the ownership of the land, also in the said suit we will have to challenge the sale deed thereby seeking cancellation of the sale deed on the ground that same was executed without permission of legal heir .

  • anssale took place in 1990, you came to know about it in 2015. Barred by limitation, You can do something if the property is still undeveloped or if you can take back possession from the present owners. Otherwise it is best to forget about it.

    Advocate Kiran N Murthy

      Indiranagar, Bangalore

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

If mother will die during job period then the money given by the health department…
There is a property dispute going on between my father and my step grandma. My…
Sir Maine kissi se jameen Lee thi par abb wo registry Kay vaste tayar nahi…
Is property rights to a daughter if the father died before the amendment came into…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly