quesJudge asked to compromise and parties agreed.No settlement now.Option?

If a suit of partition is pending in Delhi High Court between 2 real brothers and a judge passes an impugned order against one of party, and that party goes for an appeal against that impugned order to the Double bench, and the Double Bench after intervening asks both the parties for mutual consent settlement, what are the consequences both the parties have to face if they don't file their compromise within the required time limit?


How does it impact if the Double Bench had their statement of consent recorded?

  • ans


    It depends on the terms recorded by the Double Bench - we can provide you with a firm advice once we know the exact details of the statement of consent recorded.


    Based on the generic question posted by you, apparently there will be no consequences as no terms have been settled and the Hon'ble High Court cannot compel compromise terms. In case the case continues, take it to conciliation under IACA 1996 wherein the High Court can appoint conciliator. In such a case, his decision will be binding and representation will be called by the High Court.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello, Im planning to buy a Investor flat (2 BHK) at Ravet,Pune. Its on 8th…
25 saal se kheti ki jamin hamare kabja or agreement hai any party ne registry…
I have taken a Home loan from LIC HFL to buy a flat. The flat…
I have given 19.7 lac to a builder for flat couple of years before but…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly