Judge asked to compromise and parties agreed.No settlement now.Option?

If a suit of partition is pending in Delhi High Court between 2 real brothers and a judge passes an impugned order against one of party, and that party goes for an appeal against that impugned order to the Double bench, and the Double Bench after intervening asks both the parties for mutual consent settlement, what are the consequences both the parties have to face if they don't file their compromise within the required time limit?

How does it impact if the Double Bench had their statement of consent recorded?

Answer

It depends on the terms recorded by the Double Bench - we can provide you with a firm advice once we know the exact details of the statement of consent recorded.

Based on the generic question posted by you, apparently there will be no consequences as no terms have been settled and the Hon'ble High Court cannot compel compromise terms. In case the case continues, take it to conciliation under IACA 1996 wherein the High Court can appoint conciliator. In such a case, his decision will be binding and representation will be called by the High Court.