quesIs it legal to run a lodge in a residential area? Where to complain?

There is nuisance happening by a lodge run in a decent residential area. Where can i complaint about it? It is legal?

• ansIf it is run under a license, the authorities would have taken into account the residents difficulty and would have given permission on certain conditions. However through your residential you can raise your objections to the local body for cancelling the license, citing various reasons which are tenable.

Advocate Nanchill Rajkumar

Velachery, Chennai

• ansYou can lodge a complaint against the nuisance with the local police or can move an application to Municipal authorities giving details of nuisances and illegal activities and seek their intervention to cancel the licence.