Is it legal to run a lodge in a residential area? Where to complain?

There is nuisance happening by a lodge run in a decent residential area. Where can i complaint about it? It is legal?

Answers (2)

105 votes

If it is run under a license, the authorities would have taken into account the residents difficulty and would have given permission on certain conditions. However through your residential you can raise your objections to the local body for cancelling the license, citing various reasons which are tenable.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

302 votes

You can lodge a complaint against the nuisance with the local police or can move an application to Municipal authorities giving details of nuisances and illegal activities and seek their intervention to cancel the licence.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles