In how much time can heirs claim property of the deceased?
After the death of the owner, in how many days can the legal heirs claim the said property?
If no Will was made,
Then a partition suit can be filed in the concerned civil court regarding the distribution of the property.
If there was a Will then,
You can make application for probate of will . probate is judicial proof that will is genuine . if under will executor is appointed he can file testamentary petition for probate . notice will be issued to all legal heirs . if no legal heir files any caveat or opposes will probate would be granted for properties mentioned in the will.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to punish person with whom my wife is having extra marital affair
- Friend used credit card without permission and now not responding
- Father sister claim ancestral property after many years can they do it
- how can i recover my money from my girlfriend?
- Bought property through POA but owner expired before Benama