I am a divorcee. What is my right in parents property?
Is there any law where I can get a share in property of my parents? I am a divorcee and living in a rented house all by myself.
You have not mentioned whether it is self acquired property of your parents or ancestral property.
If it is self acquired property your parents can dispose of the said property as they please. They can by Will bequeath property to whom so ever they desire.
In case your parents die without making any Will you would be one of the legal heirs of property along with your brothers or sisters.
It is a joint family property or ancestral property, then you are entitled for the share in the property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want to know the jurisdiction in divorce case
- In-Laws not giving me and my husband share in family property
- Save from cheque bounce when I have not written or signed any cheque
- Govt. not sharing reason for not granting merit cum means scholarship
- Invested in redevelopment project but now builder in jail now progress