quesI am a divorcee. What is my right in parents property?

Is there any law where I can get a share in property of my parents? I am a divorcee and living in a rented house all by myself.

• ansYou have not mentioned whether it is self acquired property of your parents or ancestral property.

If it is self acquired property your parents can dispose of the said property as they please. They can by Will bequeath property to whom so ever they desire.

In case your parents die without making any Will you would be one of the legal heirs of property along with your brothers or sisters.

It is a joint family property or ancestral property, then you are entitled for the share in the property.