quesI am a divorcee. What is my right in parents property?

Is there any law where I can get a share in property of my parents? I am a divorcee and living in a rented house all by myself.

  • ansYou have not mentioned whether it is self acquired property of your parents or ancestral property.

    If it is self acquired property your parents can dispose of the said property as they please. They can by Will bequeath property to whom so ever they desire.

    In case your parents die without making any Will you would be one of the legal heirs of property along with your brothers or sisters.

    It is a joint family property or ancestral property, then you are entitled for the share in the property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father purchased land in mysore along with relatives been acquired from kiadb without our…
I am constructing house and my neighbor has logged a false complain saying we are…
I am a Hindu. I have lived in my house for almost 21 years with…
i have booked flat in aug 2014 ,on 1st floor where only 4 flats were…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly