Husband tricked to give power of attorney to her sister. What to do?
My husband has one elder brother and elder sister. My Father in law died without a Will . My mother is still alive. My husband and I have a son. We are settled abroad.When we went to visit my sick mother in law, my brother in law and sister in law tricked my husband into signing away all the transfer documents of bank accounts to my sister in law.
My husband gave his the sister the power of attorney. My husband has no idea what he signed. Now my Brother in law is pestering my husband to send the PAN card online.Their intentions are not good . Can I do something so we are not cheated?
Please provide complete facts of the case.
How can your sister in law transfer bank accounts of your father in law in her name? Usually when we open an account, there is a nominee, in case the deceased fails to appoint a nominee, then all legal heirs have to produce a legal heir certificate and affidavit and claim the amount. So please provide correct complete details.
Further, please provide us with the complete contents of Power of Attorney, that means, what is written in a Power of Attorney. Only after examining the power of attorney, we will be to further advise you.
Furthermore, we we suggest you to do all communication in writing. You should in writing ask your brother in law, "Why he requires your Pan Card". After receiving his communication, we suggest you to refuse in writing after consulting an advocate.
After examining complete facts, Power of Attorney, we can advise the legal action you can take against your sister in law.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Daughter committed suicide after father scolded her for sex chat
- I m an OBC earning well is my son eligible for OBC NCL
- Whether DV restoration case is possible or not
- Buyer threatening to file case of cheating against me. What to do?
- Conflict of signature 40 years old how to prove it