Husband tricked to give power of attorney to her sister. What to do?

My husband has one elder brother and elder sister. My Father in law died without a Will . My mother is still alive. My husband and I have a son. We are settled abroad.When we went to visit my sick mother in law, my brother in law and sister in law tricked my husband into signing away all the transfer documents of bank accounts to my sister in law.

My husband gave his the sister the power of attorney. My husband has no idea what he signed. Now my Brother in law is pestering my husband to send the PAN card online.Their intentions are not good . Can I do something so we are not cheated?

Answers (1)

474 votes

Please provide complete facts of the case.

How can your sister in law transfer bank accounts of your father in law in her name? Usually when we open an account, there is a nominee, in case the deceased fails to appoint a nominee, then all legal heirs have to produce a legal heir certificate and affidavit and claim the amount. So please provide correct complete details.

Further, please provide us with the complete contents of Power of Attorney, that means, what is written in a Power of Attorney. Only after examining the power of attorney, we will be to further advise you.

Furthermore, we we suggest you to do all communication in writing. You should in writing ask your brother in law, "Why he requires your Pan Card". After receiving his communication, we suggest you to refuse in writing after consulting an advocate.

After examining complete facts, Power of Attorney, we can advise the legal action you can take against your sister in law. 

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.         

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles