how to sell joint property without the consent of the other owner.
I and My friend bought Land together 5 months ago.Due to his family problems he is absconding from last past 2 months and not able to trace him.
Now my question is how can i sell that property without him
You can sell only your share in the property. In order to get your share determined you have to apply for partition before the court.
If your friend does not appear the court will decide the matter ex parte and after that you can sell your share.
Advocate Sonia SainiDwarka, Delhi
You need to apprise us as to whether the share of your part is identified in the Land you bought. If yes, then you can enter into agreement for your area of land. However, please note that the person who would buy your share would be deemed to be the joint owner then. If the share is not identifiable then you cannot sell without his consent.
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Target completed. Company haven't payed 2 months salary. What to do?
- Sold house to pay loan can I get my house and money back
- Can convicted person under POC claim pension benefits
- False allegations put on me by father so that I can marry boy I like
- Property in grandfathers name cousin brother build shop there