how to sell joint property without the consent of the other owner.
I and My friend bought Land together 5 months ago.Due to his family problems he is absconding from last past 2 months and not able to trace him.
Now my question is how can i sell that property without him
You can sell only your share in the property. In order to get your share determined you have to apply for partition before the court.
If your friend does not appear the court will decide the matter ex parte and after that you can sell your share.
Advocate Sonia SainiDwarka, Delhi
You need to apprise us as to whether the share of your part is identified in the Land you bought. If yes, then you can enter into agreement for your area of land. However, please note that the person who would buy your share would be deemed to be the joint owner then. If the share is not identifiable then you cannot sell without his consent.
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- company says had given wrong offer of joining by mistake 1 year later
- Lower court only granted compensation, how to send accused to jail
- My wife file a case section 125 on family court and she dont want come
- How to claim my increment for which I am eligible in the company
- HRA not provided by railway what can I do