queshow to sell joint property without the consent of the other owner.

I and My friend bought Land together 5 months ago.Due to his family problems he is absconding from last past 2 months and not able to trace him.
Now my question is how can i sell that property without him

• ansDear Sir,

You can sell only your share in the property. In order to get your share determined you have to apply for partition before the court.

If your friend does not appear the court will decide the matter ex parte and after that you can sell your share.

Advocate Sonia Saini

• ansYou need to apprise us as to whether the share of your part is identified in the Land you bought. If yes, then you can enter into agreement for your area of land. However, please note that the person who would buy your share would be deemed to be the joint owner then. If the share is not identifiable then you cannot sell without his consent.
    Best

Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi