queshow to sell joint property without the consent of the other owner.

I and My friend bought Land together 5 months ago.Due to his family problems he is absconding from last past 2 months and not able to trace him.
Now my question is how can i sell that property without him

  • ansDear Sir,

    You can sell only your share in the property. In order to get your share determined you have to apply for partition before the court.

    If your friend does not appear the court will decide the matter ex parte and after that you can sell your share.

    Advocate Sonia Saini

      Dwarka, Delhi

  • ansYou need to apprise us as to whether the share of your part is identified in the Land you bought. If yes, then you can enter into agreement for your area of land. However, please note that the person who would buy your share would be deemed to be the joint owner then. If the share is not identifiable then you cannot sell without his consent.

    Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

      Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father Buyed a house in 2002 on my name and I am minor at…
House is sold.my father who lives in faridabad given power of attorney to his elder…
We are a group of people who took loan on 5 properties for a business.…
how to stop construction of house, which is doing forcely by uncle . when my…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly