How protect interest of everyone while investing in property together?
We are a group of 8 work colleagues.We intend to invest in 5 properties that are under construction around Delhi NCR. Need assistance regarding the legal set up on the same so that everybody's interest is protected.
Your question is not clear, as to why would 8 people intend to invest in 5 properties? What legal set up do you expect to protect the interest of all?
As a rule, a property can be purchased either in a single or joint name, so you can purchase the same in joint names but when it will come to the division of property in an equal share in case any of the share holders in the property want to exit, it will be a legal issue unless pre decided by any agreement the concerned parties have mutually entered into.
In case you are looking at this kind of an engagement purely for business purpose, we suggest that you form a company wherein all the investors can be share holders and the properties are purchased in the company's name.
You may thereby have an internal agreement for each of the properties purchased and the various terms and conditions with respect to the exit / profit sharing / etc. can be drafted and entered into by the partners investing in that respective property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Airtel still charging me for set off box which discontinued.
- Same clan marriage null and void
- Physically abusive wife. Threatens to file false case. What can I do?
- Husband married again without divorce how can I claim maintenance
- Work terminated fees not paid and now denying claim what can we do