How can i get eviction from the Property
My parents went out for a leave and liscencen agreement with the tenat on feb 2013. However they did some mistake while doing the agreement. No witness signature present in the agreement. Signature of landlord and tenant interchanged.No dates mentioned either. No notary has been done of the agreement. Rent bills signed by my fater but the agreement is on the name of my mother and tenant. After expiry of the agreement on october 2014 my parents have asked to vacant the apartment but the tenant denied neither they are interested doing any compromise. Now they are asking to renew the agreement with different person's name of their family and without gurantee that they will evacuate the apartment after expiry of the new agreement. Considering so many loop holes in our expired agreement we are not very sure what we should do to evacuate the apartment. The tenat is not interested to talk to us either. So seeking your advice what should we do? Is going to the court can resolve this issue?
You should have got the leave and license agreement drafted by a lawyer. If the leave and license agreement is not properly executed the protection of rent control laws is not available. What does the agreement say with respect to the renewal thereof? If the agreement was executed between your mother and the tenant then your mother alone should have signed the rent bills/receipts. It may be difficult for you to explain in the court that this man is your tenant. Be that as it may, the only legal remedy available to you is to file a suit for the eviction of your tenant in the court. Show the agreement to a lawyer and see if anything can be worked in your favour.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Grandfather's part of property sold by father and uncle. How to stop?
- How to get legal separation from parents if i'm a major
- Girl blackmailing to marry what legal remedies do I have
- Can we register brand name in three different classes
- Unnatural acts of sex by husband