How can i get eviction from the Property

My parents went out for a leave and liscencen agreement with the tenat on feb 2013. However they did some mistake while doing the agreement. No witness signature present in the agreement. Signature of landlord and tenant interchanged.No dates mentioned either. No notary has been done of the agreement. Rent bills signed by my fater but the agreement is on the name of my mother and tenant. After expiry of the agreement on october 2014 my parents have asked to vacant the apartment but the tenant denied neither they are interested doing any compromise. Now they are asking to renew the agreement with different person's name of their family and without gurantee that they will evacuate the apartment after expiry of the new agreement. Considering so many loop holes in our expired agreement we are not very sure what we should do to evacuate the apartment. The tenat is not interested to talk to us either. So seeking your advice what should we do? Is going to the court can resolve this issue?

Answers (1)

360 votes
You should have got the leave and license agreement drafted by a lawyer. If the leave and license agreement is not properly executed the protection of rent control laws is not available. What does the agreement say with respect to the renewal thereof? If the agreement was executed between your mother and the tenant then your mother alone should have signed the rent bills/receipts. It may be difficult for you to explain in the court that this man is your tenant. Be that as it may, the only legal remedy available to you is to file a suit for the eviction of your tenant in the court. Show the agreement to a lawyer and see if anything can be worked in your favour.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles