quescan property sold 20 years ago be claimed by sellers

My maid who is very poor had to sell her property belonging to her husband who had expired at an early age. The property was sold in 1994 by a Legal Sale Deed. Now, after 21 years have elapsed, some people claiming to be the siblings of the deceased have come forward to claim their birth rights. They demand money from the poor women putting her in a very difficult situation. Is there no time limit for claiming a property share according to Indian Law?

  • ansIf the property belonged to the deceased husband of your maid then she had every right to sell it. What reason have they mentioned for the delay of 20 long years? Now the only way to recover it is to file a case in the court, where the court will issue a notice to your maid asking her to defend the legal action brought against her. She has ample legal defences in her armour to counter it.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Sir, I have banakhat of flat 20 lakhs. I paid 50% amount and asked…
My mother is sick and cannot move ,For her ancestral property she has to give…
If deed is gifted to sister in law what is the registration charges?I am a…
I live in pagdi system house which was in name of my deceased father, the…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly