can property sold 20 years ago be claimed by sellers
My maid who is very poor had to sell her property belonging to her husband who had expired at an early age. The property was sold in 1994 by a Legal Sale Deed. Now, after 21 years have elapsed, some people claiming to be the siblings of the deceased have come forward to claim their birth rights. They demand money from the poor women putting her in a very difficult situation. Is there no time limit for claiming a property share according to Indian Law?
If the property belonged to the deceased husband of your maid then she had every right to sell it. What reason have they mentioned for the delay of 20 long years? Now the only way to recover it is to file a case in the court, where the court will issue a notice to your maid asking her to defend the legal action brought against her. She has ample legal defences in her armour to counter it.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i construct a room in a stilt common area of the building
- Company not refunding me for defected product what to do
- How to resell my property after taking biyana (token money) only
- How to get divorce under section 13b?
- Accused discharged do I have other remedies under law?