Can my brother sell father's property after his death?
My father died few months back. My brother is now trying to sell my father's property that is located in the village. Can my brother sell the property that is on my father's name? Does my mother have any right over that property?
You have not mentioned whether your father left a will or not?
If he died intestate on his death your mother and all children have equal share in said property.
Your brother cannot sell he said land without obtaining consent of other legal heirs.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Procedure for verification of legal residential plot
- living separately from husband for 4 years how to I proof the same
- In laws pressurising husband to divorce me
- Procedure to renew passport as single though married ?
- Can son claim share in property given to mother by her in-laws ?