Can my brother sell father's property after his death?
My father died few months back. My brother is now trying to sell my father's property that is located in the village. Can my brother sell the property that is on my father's name? Does my mother have any right over that property?
You have not mentioned whether your father left a will or not?
If he died intestate on his death your mother and all children have equal share in said property.
Your brother cannot sell he said land without obtaining consent of other legal heirs.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I apply for DNA test of my daughter through court
- Tenant not vacating can i stop electricity and water supply to house
- Can my mother have a stake in grandfather's brother's property?
- Person gave cheque but bounced can i file 420 and cheque bounce case
- regarding misuse of our road by private college without postal address