Can my brother sell father's property after his death?
My father died few months back. My brother is now trying to sell my father's property that is located in the village. Can my brother sell the property that is on my father's name? Does my mother have any right over that property?
You have not mentioned whether your father left a will or not?
If he died intestate on his death your mother and all children have equal share in said property.
Your brother cannot sell he said land without obtaining consent of other legal heirs.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can a marriage be nullified if the boy has hidden certain facts.
- Husband filed divorcebut i do not want to. I wish to live with him
- Can the details of the petition be changed
- Gym closed down and did not get refund under FD scheme What to do
- Information about new benami act 2016