quesCan my brother sell father's property after his death?

My father died few months back. My brother is now trying to sell my father's property that is located in the village. Can my brother sell the property that is on my father's name? Does my mother have any right over that property?

  • ansYou have not mentioned whether your father left a will or not?

    If he died intestate on his death your mother and all children have equal share in said property.

    Your brother cannot sell he said land without obtaining consent of other legal heirs.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My mother is died before 10 years and has a property in her name. Now…

We have already registered the apartment association and want to add some rule into existing…

I am a retired person. Have one wife and 2 married sons, my first son…

Mother owns vacant land. She wants to sell and divide the proceeds equally to her…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly