×

quesCan my brother sell father's property after his death?

My father died few months back. My brother is now trying to sell my father's property that is located in the village. Can my brother sell the property that is on my father's name? Does my mother have any right over that property?

• ansYou have not mentioned whether your father left a will or not?

If he died intestate on his death your mother and all children have equal share in said property.

Your brother cannot sell he said land without obtaining consent of other legal heirs.

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services