can i stop payment of the flat i booked?
I had book a flat in reputed builder and paid booking amount of 200000. but they told until your loan get sanction we will not deposit it in bank. now i have changed my mind and dont want flat there, he told me they will charge interest at 24%. what if i stop the payment?
I have gone through the query raised by you, you have paid the earnest money to Builder, but you have not disclosed whether you and builder have entered into any agreement or not. if there is any agreement with Builder we have go through the same.Otherwise we have to refer to receipt if any issuedby Builder. In short we have to verify the written correspondance between you and builder.
Advocate Radhika PachporErandwane, Pune
Assuming that you have paid the booking amount by cheque which is not yet deposited....
Don't worry, send a legal notice to the builder not to deposit the cheque as you are no more interested in booking. Further, intimate the bank for stop payment of the cheque.
Advocate Sangram Singh DesaiShivajinagar, Pune
Firstly you have not disclosed whether agreement has been executed with builder if not you can stop payment n ask for refund of amount, but if yes I would like to go through the said agreement n its terms so as to advice further in this matter.
Advocate Pramod KaleDistrict Court, Shivajinagar, Pune
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i file for alimony without filing for divorce?
- How can I claim my jewellery back if mutual consent petition filed
- Girl's family forcing to marry and blackmailing to file dowry case
- Aquagard refused to refund as per commitment.
- Can grandfather make a will for an ancestral property