Builder demanding holding charges and maintenance charges
Dear sir, I purchased a flat from Cosmos infra pvt. Ltd. I paid all the dues but I was unable to registry of flat.Now after one year builder is demanding me one year holding charges and maintenance fee. Please suggest me is this legally correct. Please help me out.
Please check your agreement, if in the agreement your builder has asked you to pay such charges and maintenance charges, then you are required to pay. In case the agreement does not mention, then you can send the builder a legal notice thereby seeking registration of flat and also mention in the notice that you are not liable to pay any such charges as per the agreement.
Despite legal notice if he fails, then you can file a case before the consumer forum for deficiency of sevices.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can a FIR be lodged against the president who has been made signatory
- Do I have to file copyright for my e-commerce startup if registered
- Can 2 FIRs be filed in different jurisdictions.
- Not getting salary from last 4 months what can I do
- Convicted by sessions court can I appeal in High court