quesBuilder demanding holding charges and maintenance charges

Dear sir, I purchased a flat from Cosmos infra pvt. Ltd. I paid all the dues but I was unable to registry of flat.Now after one year builder is demanding me one year holding charges and maintenance fee. Please suggest me is this legally correct. Please help me out.

  • ans

    Please check your agreement, if in the agreement  your builder has asked you to pay such charges and maintenance charges, then you are required to pay. In case the agreement does not mention, then you can send the builder a legal notice thereby seeking registration of flat and also mention in the notice that you are not liable to pay any such charges as per the agreement.

    Despite legal notice if he fails, then you can file a case before the consumer forum for deficiency of sevices.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sudershani Ray

  Kailash Hills
 Experience: 10 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly