brothers fighting for property-father stuck
My father has a property in my native place. He and my brothers stay there and are trying to remove my name from the property documents. they are forcing my father to do the same. The 'will' states that my father can change the names at anytime. So my father is forced to changes names and the amounts to be divided. but my father will not accept that he is being forced. so now I dont know if they names have been changed. Please guide me with this.
If it is a ancestral property then your share can not be taken, in case of self acquired property transfer of property in the name of your other brothers, it will be considered as gift and they will be required to pay stamp duty on that.
In case of will they will get the property only after death of your father. In any way what has to be done should be with consent of your father, unless he makes a statement in this regard nothing can be changed in the present will.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Legal notice for cheque bounce was not delivered what can I do
- Person refusing to pay back money and threatning
- Wife wants to give divorce but i do not wish to do so
- Gym closed down and did not get refund under FD scheme What to do
- Married again after divorce. Can i register the marriage again?