quesAny govt. regulation to protect interest in assured return property?

I had bought an assured return property 3 yrs ago. We were getting the return till December last year but after that haven't got the return. The builder says will give the assured return money for Jan & Feb in March.


We are concerned about the return that has not come in for 2 months but we are more worried about the property & assurance that we will get property in due time & the builder will not run away / cancel the project.


What are the remedies available? Is there a Govt. regulation to protect our interest?


  • ans


    In case you do not receive the promised return amount, you can send a legal notice to the builder asking him to pay your return amount for past 3 months and if the same is not paid within time, you shall initiate legal action.


    Now if the said payment is not made, you can register a criminal complaint against the Builder for the offence of Criminal Breach of trust under Section 406 and Cheating under Section 420 in the Police Station.


    You can also initiate a civil suit for recovery of the amount against the Builder as he is liable for breach of contract. You can also claim interest on the said amount since the payment became due and compensation as well.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband's real mother had been died before 15 years and the same time my…
SIR, I am having one industrial shop 600 sq feet area, I want to lease…
Does a woman enjoys equal share in the property? I read that in 2005 there…
What documents are necessary, required to obtain an individual occupancy certificate form Pune municipal corporation…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly