What is the proprietary position of female in Sunni Muslim law?
What is the proprietary position of female under Sunni Muslim law?
Under Sunni law, the daughter is a residuary with a son, so that in the residue her share will be half of his share. But in the absence of a son her position is that of a sharer and a single daughter takes 1⁄2 and two or more daughters share 2/3 of the estate. If the deceased left behind a mother, daughter and a brother, under the Hanafi scheme the mother gets one-sixth, the daughter half and the brother one-third.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Need divorce from wife who is asking for more alimony
- Parents expired how to register ancestral property in our name
- Does married daughter have equal right as son after parents death
- Is it legal to approve loan only if i pay premium of some amount?
- What is the procedure for divorce.