What is the proprietary position of female in Sunni Muslim law?
What is the proprietary position of female under Sunni Muslim law?
Under Sunni law, the daughter is a residuary with a son, so that in the residue her share will be half of his share. But in the absence of a son her position is that of a sharer and a single daughter takes 1⁄2 and two or more daughters share 2/3 of the estate. If the deceased left behind a mother, daughter and a brother, under the Hanafi scheme the mother gets one-sixth, the daughter half and the brother one-third.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband do not want to continue marriage neither wiling to leave house
- How can property be divide among brothers mutually
- Forged document submitted for succession case by a lady
- Delayed possession of flat what remedy do I have
- Can a unmarried man claim a share or right in our mothers property