landlord not giving back security deposit
The landlord is not ready to pay up my security deposit and says if I want to continue in his pg I must pay my security again. He says that the previous caretaker has ran away with all his money and that I have to pay up my rent and security to the new caretaker from scratch. I don't have any receipt but they have my record in their register. Also I have two of their voice recordings with all the details. The person who claims to be the landlord is in fact a relative of the landlord. And the building is in the name of the wife of some guy who is in police. What should I do?
We suggest that you should send the landlord a legal notice thereby stating that you have paid the amount and you are not liable to pay. We suggest that you should just deposit the rent and stay.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Query on Selection 138 related to Cheque Bounce
- need basic facilities food shelter clothing education safety at home
- Land grabbed by my uncle from grandmother without her knowledge
- How to stop father for selling property which is Willed to me?
- Want to marry a girl of different caste How can I marry her?