queslandlord not giving back security deposit

The landlord is not ready to pay up my security deposit and says if I want to continue in his pg I must pay my security again. He says that the previous caretaker has ran away with all his money and that I have to pay up my rent and security to the new caretaker from scratch. I don't have any receipt but they have my record in their register. Also I have two of their voice recordings with all the details. The person who claims to be the landlord is in fact a relative of the landlord. And the building is in the name of the wife of some guy who is in police. What should I do?

We suggest that you should send the landlord a legal notice thereby stating that you have paid the amount and you are not liable to pay. We suggest that you should just deposit the rent and stay.