queslandlord not giving back security deposit

The landlord is not ready to pay up my security deposit and says if I want to continue in his pg I must pay my security again. He says that the previous caretaker has ran away with all his money and that I have to pay up my rent and security to the new caretaker from scratch. I don't have any receipt but they have my record in their register. Also I have two of their voice recordings with all the details. The person who claims to be the landlord is in fact a relative of the landlord. And the building is in the name of the wife of some guy who is in police. What should I do?

  • ans

    We suggest that you should send the landlord a legal notice thereby stating that you have paid the amount and you are not liable to pay. We suggest that you should just deposit the rent and stay. 

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, I am staying currently in Andheri East. My agreement expires on 30th Nov'16 and…
Hi, I had formal agreement with landlord that I will get my 2 month security…
I rented out my property for 11 month to a person to run school in…
We have logged a complaint around 25 years ago to vacant our premises of Residential…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Meena Shastri

  Koni Road
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar

  Chhatrapati Square
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly