Disposition of ownerless property by a tenant
I was inducted to license agreement by a person who later found was not authorized to rent me the property. After 3 years when he was unable to substantiate his ownership, the rent was stopped by me. Now he never comes, instead I maintain the house, pay the bills which are in my name. Since I am moving now, how can I have possession over the said property?
Since the person who has given you the flat has no rights on said property, you should immediately leave the said flat. You should not have transferred the bills in your name as you have no rights on the said flat. You cannot create any third party rights on the property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Can government authority set up inquiry committee for pending case
- Landlord sold the flat and is asking to move out what can we do
- Can i apply for appointment on compassionate grounds after 1year limit
- Incorrect MRP mentioned by e-commerce company for goods
- Will made in 2000 & registered in 2016 what will be the validity