×

quesDisposition of ownerless property by a tenant

I was inducted to license agreement by a person who later found was not authorized to rent me the property. After 3 years when he was unable to substantiate his ownership, the rent was stopped by me. Now he never comes, instead I maintain the house, pay the bills which are in my name. Since I am moving now, how can I have possession over the said property?

• ansSince the person who has given you the flat has no rights on said property, you should immediately leave the said flat. You should not have transferred the bills in your name as you have no rights on the said flat. You cannot create any third party rights on the property.