quesaction against forged papers to transfer landlordship

I am a tenant since 1965, and my old landlady died in 1986. Suddenly in 2002 my neighbor who is also a tenant of my old landlady, started asking me rent and filed eviction suit on me. But when I enquired in land records through RTI in 2013, I got all the bogus and forget sign papers without any registration of old landlady legal heirs, the property is transferred on his name with the help of city survey officer in 2006. And also there is no person available from old landlady family. Being a tenant I just wanted to know whether I can file criminal case against him?

• ansYou may file a case for cheating and forgery against your neighbour. The land records could not have been tampered with except with the active involvement of some concerned officials. Apart from filing the criminal case also file a civil case for challenging the forged entries in the revenue records.