action against forged papers to transfer landlordship
I am a tenant since 1965, and my old landlady died in 1986. Suddenly in 2002 my neighbor who is also a tenant of my old landlady, started asking me rent and filed eviction suit on me. But when I enquired in land records through RTI in 2013, I got all the bogus and forget sign papers without any registration of old landlady legal heirs, the property is transferred on his name with the help of city survey officer in 2006. And also there is no person available from old landlady family. Being a tenant I just wanted to know whether I can file criminal case against him?
You may file a case for cheating and forgery against your neighbour. The land records could not have been tampered with except with the active involvement of some concerned officials. Apart from filing the criminal case also file a civil case for challenging the forged entries in the revenue records.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- I gave surety for a unknown person will I be liable
- What to do if wife has filed false ipc 377
- What is the procedure for cheque bounce case.
- Parents and relatives threatening if i marry a person of my choice
- Right in ancestral property.