quesaction against forged papers to transfer landlordship

I am a tenant since 1965, and my old landlady died in 1986. Suddenly in 2002 my neighbor who is also a tenant of my old landlady, started asking me rent and filed eviction suit on me. But when I enquired in land records through RTI in 2013, I got all the bogus and forget sign papers without any registration of old landlady legal heirs, the property is transferred on his name with the help of city survey officer in 2006. And also there is no person available from old landlady family. Being a tenant I just wanted to know whether I can file criminal case against him?

  • ansYou may file a case for cheating and forgery against your neighbour. The land records could not have been tampered with except with the active involvement of some concerned officials. Apart from filing the criminal case also file a civil case for challenging the forged entries in the revenue records.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

We rented a commercial premises in 2008 in Chennai and paid Rs. 20 Lakhs advance…

We four girl are staying in a rented house. We don't have any rent agreement…

My family owns a commercial property in Bangalore. Its a business hub locality. The property…
I am a tenant in a showroom and have a 5 yrs agreement. Now landlord…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Harpal Singh Sirohi

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 32 years

Advocate Akarapu Udaya Bhasker

  Rajendra Nagar
 Experience: 30 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly