Can I send legal notice to the company that terminated me w/o notice?
Can I send my company a legal notice that terminated me illegally because I had taken a personal leave for a month? My wife was not well and had to undergo a major surgery. I had to take leave from office for the same reason.
When I came back, the company asked me to stop coming to office. They did not send me any notice. My salary has been pending for the last 3-4 months. What can I do?
Yes, you can send a legal notice to your employer if they have illegally terminated you from your job. However, it is pertinent to mention that you must have a termination letter or any written document which specify or can prove that your employer has terminated you from employment.
Further, before sending a legal notice we will advise you to write a letter or send any written communication to your organisation thereby demanding your salary pending for last 3-4 months and request them to complete your full and final procedure.
Also in this letter, do mention at the last line "that in case company fails pay your salary of 3-4 months and fails to complete full and final procedure within 15 days from the receipt of this letter, you will be constraint to take legal action against them".
This letter should be send through Registered post AD or speed post. Please keep the receipt of Registered post AD or Speed Post carefully as same will be required before the Court.
If still your company does not pay your salary and does not complete your full and final certificate, then we can send them a legal notice.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- builder not giving handover of the society to members
- How to transfer property via gift deed
- Married an Indian who came to Australia on tourist visa want divorce?
- What is the procedure to change my son's last name ?
- Buy Property but builder stopped construction work what can be done