quesWhat is the procedure for adoption? No paperwork was done at first.

My friend adopted a child without any legal formalities and did not even take the birth certificate due to which he is facing some problems.

What can he do now? What is the procedure for adoption?

Deed of adoption is necessary for adopting child. It has to be signed by the biological parents. In addition it has to be registered.

The birth certificate would reflect the name of biological parents. If you want the name of adopted parents to be reflected you have to make application to magistrate obtain court order then only will changes be reflected in birth certificate.

Magistrate won’t pass an order unless there is valid adoption deed.