What is the procedure for adoption? No paperwork was done at first.
My friend adopted a child without any legal formalities and did not even take the birth certificate due to which he is facing some problems.
What can he do now? What is the procedure for adoption?
Deed of adoption is necessary for adopting child. It has to be signed by the biological parents. In addition it has to be registered.
The birth certificate would reflect the name of biological parents. If you want the name of adopted parents to be reflected you have to make application to magistrate obtain court order then only will changes be reflected in birth certificate.
Magistrate won’t pass an order unless there is valid adoption deed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Procedure to change the name in electricity bill
- Mental Harrasment by in laws as mom in law has influence on husband
- Can widow woman sell land of her son who is married and died
- Brother forcefully took parents's property can daughter claim share
- Wife threatening me of police arrest what to do