quesWhat is the legal process to disown the son?

My brother is married and is staying separate for 7 years now. He is addicted to betting and keeps betting in matches. My father has till date provided him money around 25 to 30 lacs. Now my father has no more paying capacity. Now he wishes to disown him. What would be the procedure if my father wants to disown him?

  • ans

    Your father can give an advertisement in the newspaper therein mentioning that he intends to disown the son.

    No other documentation is required to be filed for the same.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

My parent's couldn't get a birth certificate made because I was born in a house…

I and my wife co-own a property equally. I want to transfer this property fully…

Actually my full surname not mentioned in ssc certificate only starting letter is mentioned..that's why…

I need to know what kind of agreement shall I enter with an international luxury…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Richa Relhan

  Commonwealth Games Village
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Atit Jain

 Experience: 7 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly