×

quesoffice order issues in present day for prev. year

In any govt./PSU/Corporation is there any provision where a Managing Director creates a guideline for usage of company provided mobile along with the usage limit and issues a office order in present day (May 2014) and order for recovery from employee for excess usage amount (Bill amount - Limit fixed presently) for prior tenure (Financial Year 2013-14). Is there any provision for an employee to question this unfair order.

• ansA government order can operate only from the date it is ordered. Retrospective effect can not be given by an Office Order today. From the date of order it can be effective, but can not be retrospectively applied. An order can operate only in future and if it is applied for previous period it is not legal.