Minimum agefor marriage under Indian law.
What is the minimum age for marriage?
The minimum age to get married is 21 years for a boy and 18 years for a girl. In other words the boy should have completed 21 years of age and the girl should have completed 18 years of age, as on the date of marriage, and same implies for girls.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- In how many days we can appeal for bail in High court
- Cheques kept as security, presented in bank by company
- What the procedure for doing court marriage?
- Can a foreigner on a tourist visa marry an Indian?
- Can girls father file 498a complaint on behalf of girl without consent