quesLegal rights of a second wife wedded legally.

My dad had expired recently. My mother was his second wife. He married my mom after almost 5yrs the death of his first wife.My father kept my mom as nominee in all his official benefits including GPF, GL etc. But still agreed to give 1/3 part to dad's first wife's daughter who's married with two children (boys). Now the girl and her husband are harassing us and sent a letter to officials and MRO saying that my step mother and step sister are depriving me from taking those amounts, so add me as family member and give me those amounts. We are shocked by this letter. We want justice legally sir, we don't want any illegal amounts. We are in a bad financial situation and totally dependent on my dad. Please help us what benefits we will get legally.

  • ansThe children of your father in both marriages have equal rights as heirs. This would mean the daughter from the first marriage and the children from the second marriage have one share each with the second wife If your father died intestate, that is without a will the property will have to be divided in equal shares among all heirs. Did you recieve a notice from your step sister? You will need to appoint a lawyer to appropriately reply to the notice if any and possibly try for an out of court settlement.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

good day sir. I have problem with my lawer I want to change my file…
I am a foreigner and I am married to an Indian citizen. My concern is…
Namskar sir Agar court order kare to kya birth certificate mei naam change ho sakta…

Can flat be sold with POA? What are the charges to make such POA?

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Srishti Saxena

  Guru Apartments, Dwarka
 Experience: 6 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly