Is stamp duty payable on probating a will
My father had by regd will deed devolved 3 floors one on each of 3 brothers and me being divorced daughter living with him and there are other 3 married sisters who have no objection hence property mutated in municipal records. if we go for probate of will, what stamp duty or other charges are leviable on each of us. Can we go for relinquishment deed in alternative as title deed with out payment of stamp duty?
For probate of will you have to pay court fees and not stamp duty. In Maharashtra maximum court fees is Rs 75000 for probate. You will have to check court fees act for delhi as regards court fees payable on probate. In addition you need to pay legal fees. Generally for probate wherein will is not contested it would take maximum of 6 months and Probate of will is not mandatory in Delhi. In your case sisters can execute a Deed of Relinquishment in your favor. You may have it duly stamped and registered.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Partition suit on ancestors property, stop receiving rent by oponent
- Can the Society object to wood wall panel on outside wall of my flat
- In relationship with another woman after marriage what can I do
- Company shut down office and not paying due salaries.
- POA in my name brothers asking for share in the property