is income tax payable on gift of property
Sir, One flat is in name of my sister in law (my elder brother's wife), this comes for me after distribution of all assets among brothers. Can my bhabhi gift me this flat and can I save myself from Income tax? is any Income tax applicable on this except property tax and stamp duty?
Generally Income tax is applicable for the transaction relating to property exceeding 5 lakhs. Since your sister in law wants to execute a gift deed, income tax is not applicable for your transaction.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Do we need to register landlord tenant agreement under pagdi system
- Can company take legal action if i don't fulfill employment contract
- Tenant not paid rent for last 4 years now not vacating the premise
- How can I divide my parents property and claim my share
- Is not having sex for past 3 years a ground for divorce?