is income tax payable on gift of property
Sir, One flat is in name of my sister in law (my elder brother's wife), this comes for me after distribution of all assets among brothers. Can my bhabhi gift me this flat and can I save myself from Income tax? is any Income tax applicable on this except property tax and stamp duty?
Generally Income tax is applicable for the transaction relating to property exceeding 5 lakhs. Since your sister in law wants to execute a gift deed, income tax is not applicable for your transaction.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Previous employer refused to pay my last month salary
- Ancestral property sold without any consent. What can i do now?
- Opposite party misplaced cheque asking to issue another is it safe
- land problem in relatives as cousins have filed case against us.
- Filed online complaint. Company threats to sue me. What can he do?